Transitioning from Paper to EMR Systems
Since the passage of Obama's HITECH Bill transition of paper to EMR jumped from a mid-level position on many practitioner's to do lists to a legal and pressing necessity. The expectation of both government bodies and clients has brought this issue to the front door of aesthetic practices as well.
Today compliance is built into a good EMR platform and many software systems are quite capable of providing medical facilities with their basic record keeping needs. Aesthetics, however, is a different animal entirely, software for our industry needs to go a step further.
The elective nature of aesthetics means that clients have a unique set of expectations as well as an unparalleled ability to shop around for the practitioner of their choice. We see many medical spas and aesthetic practices hurt by their own unwillingness to research and implement a specialized EMR system that takes these needs into account.
Aesthetic Record New Client Profile
Aesthetic Record has proven to be a leader in the industry because the company's founders chose to take on this research for their clients. They started by interviewing clinic staff and practitioners about their vision of a perfectly seamless client experience. From there, they dove in and built their software from the ground up.
The result is their newly launched platform. Medical software that naturally flows through each visit by tracking client consents and injection loactions. Offering instant access to HD before and after photography and, most importantly, client goals along with their personalized cosmetic timelines.
An Easy Transition from paper to EMR was actually the goal behind Aesthetic Record
We found that the easiest way to save med spas and practices time was to incorporate best practices into every aspect of a client experience. To do this our practitioners needed an application that intuitively records a client/provider interaction from ALL aspects, including, interpersonal relationships, compliance, and costs.
When a you find a good EMR system the work is done for you, giving you more time with your clients to understand each individual and their personal goals. This helps in both identifying potential problem behaviors and in earning repeat visits from a loyal following.
Want to Learn More About Aesthetic Record?
Features of a Good EMR System
- The ability for providers to work side-by-side with their clients, while keeping their own notes private
- The ability for other staff members to instantly access important, non-confidential patient treatment history
- A progressive and easily accessible photography record that includes before and after pictures of each client for each treatment, along with a full HD view of the entire client journey
- User permission settings information can be easily and securly shared between providers and front-desk personnel-Allowing clients calling in to get quick, accurate answers to their questions
- An integrated visual system that instantly records lot numbers, product names, and volumes used during each visit
- A visual record of where the injectable was used and what results were achieved.
These are just a few of the features that you can use to screen a good aesthetic EMR system from one designed without specific industry knowledge.
Grab a few extra tips to guide your practice through the initial transition process...