The days of calling a practice or medical spa, talking to the receptionist and scheduling an appointment are long gone.
Today you can run your clinic operations with greater freedom and efficiency. Imagine a completely hands-off scenario where your customers can book an appointment at anytime of the day or night!
This is exactly what Aesthetic Record EMR will do for you with its new Scheduling and Appointment Booking features. We plan to take the stress off you and empower your customers at the same time. As an added bonus your practice will now allocate far less time to answering these simple, booking calls.
Now that you are an active user here at Aesthetic Record, and you have all the clinics, providers, questionnaires & consents populated. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to configure The Aesthetic Record Med Spa Scheduling at your clinics:
Step 1 – Create Services
Locate “Scheduling” in the main navigation menu, in the dropdown click on “Services”. Next click on the “Create Service” button. The following screen will appear:
Your spa appointment software can give your service a name, assign it to clinic(s), assign provider(s), attach required patient questionnaire(s) , and even offer pre-treatment instructions. These questionnaires & pre-treatment instructions can be created from our web dashboard and will be sent to your customers as soon as they make the booking!
Step 2 – Set Your “Provider Schedules”
- Locate “Scheduling” in the main navigation menu, in the dropdown click on “Provider Schedule”.
- Next, select any of the providers that appear on that page.
- This will open an individual “Provider Schedule” page, where you can manage this particular provider’s availability.
Define a provider’s daily availability & even break it down into different time blocks.
- In the example above, you’ll see that on Mondays this provider is available from 9 am to 1 pm and then again from 3 pm to 6 pm. Aesthetic Record Scheduling will allow you to create any number of these daily breakdowns.
Step 3 – Define Device or Equipment Availability
- Locate “Scheduling” in the main navigation menu, in the dropdown click on “Equipment Schedule”.
- Next, select any of the devices that appear on the page or create new ones.
- This will open an “Equipment Schedule” page where you can manage the availability for this particular equipment or device. To better explain, I’m following up on the Laser device & service I created in step 1.
- These pages work much the same as your “Provider Schedule” pages, the only difference being that you are defining the availability of a device or equipment rather than a provider.
These pages work much the same as your “Provider Schedule” pages, the only difference being that you are setting the availability of a device or equipment rather than a provider.
Step 4 – Define your “Booking Portal” & “Patient Portal” URL
- Locate “Scheduling” in the main navigation menu, in the dropdown click on “Settings”. This will open the following page where you can choose the URL (internet address) for your booking portal.
- The URL by default will be auto filled with a random 5 character phrase, but you can easily edit this as you see fit. In this example, I’ve deleted the original phrase and replaced it with ARNYC.
- As soon as you make a change to this primary URL it will be automatically reflected in the underlying URLs.
Below you will also see the “Patient Portal” URL (This settings process will be explained in an upcoming blog post) and the “Appointment Booking” URL.
Aesthetic Record will provide you a global URL for all your clinics and it will even assign separate URL’s for each of the clinics present in your AR account.
Embed these unique URL’s in your Websites, Blogs, Emails, or Call-to-Action buttons for an improved digital marketing footprint
Here’s a sneak peak into how the actual “Book An Appointment” portal will appear:
We appreciate your questions, so please feel free to post your thoughts or Feature Requests below.
Cheers, and enjoy using The Aesthetic Record Med Spa Software Suite!